1. General information
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which comes into force on May 25, 2018, is an European regulation governing the processing of personal data. It shall ensure the protection of personal data in the European Union. Since the protection of your data and your privacy is very important to us, we at Paul International Consultants process your personal data only in accordance with the aforementioned regulation as well as other privacy laws.
Responsible for the processing of your personal data is
Paul International Consultants
Inh. Frau Kirsten Paul
Würzburger Str. 152
Tel.: +49 (0) 6021 - 4586050
Fax: +49 (0) 6021 – 4586059
3. Date Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer is WINHELLER Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung, Tower 185, Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage 35-37, 60327 Frankfurt am Main, Germany. You can reach them under datenschutzbeauftragter(at)paul-international.net .
4. Purposes of processing
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
a) If you use our consulting services for real estate financing, for bank matters, credit checks and the recommendation of other service providers, we process the following personal data
for the initiation, performance and termination of the consultancy agreement (Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR):
- first and last name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, nationality, possession of US visa, passport
- optional: employment information, account balance, other sources of capital, liabilities, any real estate ownership and usage)
b) If you wish to book our seminars and webinars, we process the following personal data for the initiation, performance and termination of the seminar agreement (Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR):
- first and last name, address, e-mail address, account information and optional telephone number
c) If you decide to subscribe for our newsletter, we process the personal data to safeguard our legitimate interests in direct marketing and the regular notification about our current work (Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR):
- first and last name, e-mail address
d) If you contact us by phone, we process the personal data collected during the telephone call to safeguard our legitimate interests in the proper handling of your request, (Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR):
- first and last name
- information about your request.
Any processing beyond the aforementioned purposes, in particular the transmission of your personal data to third parties, will only take place insofar as you have expressly consented to it and no timely revocation takes place or if we are required to do so by law or by court order (Art. 6 (1) (c) GDPR).
5. Recipients of your data
Recipients of your data are employees, contract staff within our organization,and/or third party companies contracted by our organization who have to process your data according to a graduated necessity principle concept to serve the above-mentioned purposes. In addition, where appropriate, so-called processors according to Art. 28 GDPR can receive your data, such as IT service providers. Our service providers process data exclusively within the European Union or the European Economic Area. They are contractually obliged to take appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure data protection and to safeguard data secrecy. If processing is to take place in the US, only those processors will be assigned who have joined the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, which ensures an appropriate level of data protection.
6. Restriction of processing and deletion of data
The aforementioned personal data will be deleted as soon as they are not necessary anymore to achieve the processing purpose.
- After the consultancy agreement has ended, your personal data will be restricted for further processing after all claims are barred on both sides. We delete the data according to our deletion concept, when the statutory retention period expires.
- If you have booked our seminars or webinars, your personal data will be restricted for further processing after the agreement has ended and all claims are barred on both sides. We delete the data according to our deletion concept, when the statutory retention period expires.
- If you subscribe to the newsletter, your e-mail address will be deleted as soon as you unsubscribe from the newsletter, unless, for example, there is another legal basis for the processing of this personal date, for example, if an consultancy agreement exists (see a)).
- If you contact us by phone, we will delete your personal data after complete processing of your request.
7. No profiling
We do not use automated decision-making to conclude on or to perform an agreement, except if you want to receive a credit check. If we do so in individual cases, we will inform you about this separately, if this is required by law. Your personal data will not be processed for profiling (scoring).
8. Consequences of not providing your personal data
You are not obligated to provide your data for the aforementioned purposes. However, in case that you refrain from providing it, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to offer you the advantages in the desired form related to a consultancy agreement and / or a seminar / webinar, especially when the data processing itself is the basis of the contract. This applies accordingly for the delivery of newsletters and telephone requests.
9. Your rights as a data subject
The data protection law provides extensive data subject rights, which we guarantee at every stage of data processing. The following rights can be exercised by informal communication in writing to us or directly to our data protection officer under
- Right to information, correction, deletion, etc.
You have the right to information, the right to correct or delete your data, the right to restrict processing and the right to data portability.
- Right to object to direct marketing etc.
If your personal data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, as long as there are reasons arising with regard to your specific situation. In particular, you have the right to object to direct marketing measures.
- Right to revocation
If the processing of your personal data takes place on the basis of a consent, at any time you have the right to revoke it towards us. The legality of data processing up to revocation is not affected.
- Right to appeal to a supervisory authority
You are entitled to complain to the competent supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data is contrary to the GDPR. The competent supervisory authority for us is:
Bayerisches Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht (BayLDA)
Telefon: +49 (0) 981 53 1300
Telefax: +49 (0) 981 53 98 1300